Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Clothing (Re)Construction

I made an amazing score at a local thrift store this weekend!


A dress form! That's my size! And in nearly perfect condition! And for amazingly cheap! Oops likes it, too.

I also scored a great skirt that doesn't fit well, but the fabric is certainly sweet enough to salvage.


Luckily, I also had Amazon credit that allowed me to get a book that will help with this and a lot of other sewing projects: Little Green Dresses by Tina Sparkles.


I highly recommend this book, especially if you are like me and can sew, but are far from mastering clothing construction (or if you're like me and have a hard time finding clothes that fit). I haven't read every word yet, but its instructions are clear and it has a lot of cute patterns. It even has a wedding dress made out of tablecloths - you can bet I'll consider that! It's going to make searching for thrifted clothes (and fabric) quite an adventure. I can't wait!

I'll be sure to post pictures of whatever I do with my new skirt and of my future experiments in clothing (re)construction. Share your experiences with me, too!


1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

First project--dress for Sarah!

Post a Comment