Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
To help protect the environment, I pledge to:
- Help keep water clean by using biodegradable and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Buy locally, or grow your own! Reduce air pollution caused by food and goods transport.
- Learn about composting, try it out!
- Learn about the native species and the negative effects of non native plants and animals in the environment. Plant native species in your gardens, encourage important pollinators such as bees and birds by planting gardens full of their favorite plants. Join a team in your community that removes non-native species.
- When purchasing goods, opt for sustainable, recycled or reused resources. Choose items in less packaging.
I must admit, I don't like the idea of more bees roaming around my house, but I understand that they have their place. Of course, I am a little torn by the idea that I'm to grow food, but that I'm also to grow native plants...I'll have to work that one out.
Kidding! I'm excited something finally gave me the kick in the pants to start composting. Here's to decomposing piles of garbage!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I love the main ingredients: peas, rice, and mushrooms. I guess I was bound to enjoy it. It took a lot of work, but it was worth it. We had it with Quorn cutlets for dinner & there's enough leftover for my lunch the rest of the week.
My stomach's still in recovery, but this dish makes it very happy!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
So, I'm still not back to normal health/feeling-wise, but for now, here are two things that help me feel better.
Oops & Romp! They're such good kitty cat buddies when you're sick. Romp has looked after me like a worried mother, while Oops has snuggled with me like a fluffy hot water bottle. I think if I could keep them with me all day, I'd be feeling much better. Maybe my doctor will write me a prescription for 24/7 kitty cat companions?
Thursday, April 15, 2010
This is what I feel like...hence, not posting much recently. I spent five + hours in the ER last night, but it was worth it because it certainly helped. I still feel like someone ran me over with a steam-roller, but I imagine I'll eventually feel a little better. Off to sitting still on the couch some more!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
...And now I want to eat the whole box!
Send me some positive healthy food vibes!