Saturday, May 29, 2010
Santo Contra la Hija de Frankenstein and Santo y Blue Demon Contra Dracula y el Hombre Lobo. They're part of "La Collecion de el Santo". I don't know how many more VHS there are, but I hope to find more. I mean, what could be better than Mexican wrestlers battling classic horror movie monsters? I can't wait to watch them!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
It's been really fun, but I'm happy to be nearing home. I'm tore up: I have 20+ gnarly mosquito bites that I've scratched to hell, I'm getting sick, and my nails are about 20 feet long.
We took a ton of pictures, so I'll start posting those when I'm back to "normal" life.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
We stopped at a couple of ridiculous places on the way here today. I'll share pictures once I'm back to non-phone internet .access.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Hopefully we'll find some equally awesome places that are actually open along the way.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
- 2 pie crusts (I used one frozen for the base and one refrigerated for the top)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
Saturday, May 1, 2010
It also helps that the cupcakes are super-tasty. They're made from a recipe I found on VegWeb a year or so ago:
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup icy cold water
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" cake pan. (Or about 18 muffin tins - I just put cupcake liners in mine.)
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt until very light and airy..about 3 times.
3. In a small bowl combine cold water, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add liquid ingredients (except lemon juice) to dry and combine. Once the batter is combined add the lemon juice and stir quickly then pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick.