Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thursday, May 13: Day One

(Better late than never?)
I woke up at 5:45am for work at 8. I worked until 4pm, trying to get as much done as humanly possible before my mini-vacation. I think went home to pack, check my list, and then check my list a few more times. We drove to Jacksonville, and the venue (Lomax Lodge) ended up being in a nice part of town that I never knew about. There were a few antique stores and even a Hovan across the street. We had tasty dinner and then sat around for hours. Jason played Jenga with Jung from All Leather, and we all tried to not get beheaded by the people playing pool in a way-too-cramped place. There was a dog at the show, which was a first for me.
(The club had all kinds of crazy animal paintings on the wall.)


(Jason & Jung playing Jenga in close quarters.)


(Brian playing in Jacksonville.)


Just before the show, we found a decent-looking hotel to stay at in Tallahasse, so we could at least cut out a bit of the nine hour drive to New Orleans. We got to the hotel around 4:30 and basically flew up the stairs and into beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment