Saturday, May 1, 2010

Arbor Day Movie Night

Last night, I had my second annual Arbor Day Movie Night. This year's special feature was Seed People. It's such a good bad movie. 

I think I outdid myself this year with my themed food creations. Mainly because I made this awesome tree out of cupcakes...



It also helps that the cupcakes are super-tasty. They're made from a recipe I found on VegWeb a year or so ago:

1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup icy cold water
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" cake pan. (Or about 18 muffin tins - I just put cupcake liners in mine.)

2. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt until very light and airy..about 3 times.

3. In a small bowl combine cold water, oil, and vanilla.

4. Add liquid ingredients (except lemon juice) to dry and combine. Once the batter is combined add the lemon juice and stir quickly then pour into prepared pan.

5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment