Friday, September 23, 2011

Vegan Taco Salad

I've developed what some people would call an unhealthy obsession with books about food. I wouldn't call it unhealthy, but only because the books are about healthy food. (On my Kindle alone right now, I have The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life, Food Inc: A Participant Guide, 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart, and Forks Over Knives.) The most recent result of all of this has been to dive into the vegan kickstart. The only downside of this is that the husband is somewhat of a cheese-a-holic, so I've had to come up with some tasty food to, I won't say "trick" him, but to sneak away his cheese.

Last night, I hit it big!!! Vegan taco salad! Mr. isn't big on salads, so it's never something I'd thought of before. But I decided that I could certainly make something delicious enough for even him to enjoy, and - success!



 It was super easy to make as well, which is always a plus. I chopped up some lettuce and tomato, and then added some veg "ground beef" crumbles sauted with some enchilada sauce. The topping is toasted tortilla. The real magic is in the dressing...

Taco Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup Vegenaise
1/3 cup enchilada sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon crushed, dried parsley

Mix and chill. Then chomp away!

No comments:

Post a Comment