Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where have I been?

I apparently took a week off from posting...I guess due to a crazy week at work and a bizarre road trip.

Brian and Jason played Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh, NC on Saturday night. So I, along with Jason's girlfriend, went on a crazy road trip with them.

It's about a 10 hour drive to Raleigh, but we planned to leave extra early to have time to thrift and explore. So, we left at 3am on Saturday. I drove from the GA Welcome Center to the first stop on my pre-planned Roadside America list: "Flea Market Mascot Cow".


She is a very stylish cow, complete with a hat, anklet, and really long eyelashes. She's the mascot for Keller's Flea Market in Savannah, GA.



We got there right when they "open", 8am. We drove around for 15 minutes before anything was remotely open. We finally got to walk around in the main building, which looks awesome(r) from the side:


I got four really nice vintage pins, including one that says "If you're looking for me, I just left!". No one else bought anything...The rest of the trip kind of continued in the same way. Many, many thrift stores and several cities later, I bought two shirts. It was quite a dud of a shopping day. And we ran out of time so the cow was the only roadside attraction we managed to see.

We got there, they played the show, then we turned around and drove home. My sleep has been all kinds of messed up since then, but at least we made it home! It was certainly an adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment