Saturday, December 5, 2009

PETA's "Sloppy Joes"

I certainly don't agree with everything that PETA does (as I, too, would swat a fly that was buzzing around and getting in my face and stuff), but they did a great job with their two-week sample vegan menus. I found it a while back while obsessively trying to find new things to make and working out a schedule for the week's meals. You can find it on their vegcooking.com website for free: http://www.vegcooking.com/veganMenus-1.asp. I printed the whole 20+ page PDF and have made several of the recipes in the last month or so.

What you see above is the "cookbook's" version of sloppy joes. I subbed in frozen veggie burger crumbles in place of the tofu called for, because, for being a vegetarian, I don't care so much for tofu. They were really tasty, especially served up on potato buns. I will definitely be making these all of the time.

Thank you again, PETA, for thinking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment