Friday, August 12, 2011

Last Night's Dinner

During the summer, our hours at work are pretty brutal. While I'm not happy to be working on Fridays, I am thrilled to be home earlier (and less exhausted) in the evenings. Why? Well, other than the obvious (lack of exhaustion), because I'm awake enough to cook!!!

My dad and stepmom brought me a big box of veggies from their garden when they came down for the wedding. It was full of tomatoes, potatoes, onions, banana peppers, green peppers, squash, cucumbers, and homemade jam.



Last night I turned that box of deliciousness into this tortilla of deliciousness:



In accidental 30 Minute Meals fashion, I roasted peppers, squash, and onions, while I made fresh guacamole. I then heated up some Seeds of Change red beans and rice, and in less than 30 minutes, it was on our plates, topped with Tofutti Sour Supreme. 

It basically blew Brian's mind and definitely solidified his decision to marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment